ComfortWay and AVO companies have recently announced a partnership agreement for the creation of a universal roaming solution. A new product will combine the Internet access charged with the local tariffs and low cost calls available while travelling in more than 150 countries.
The project is based on the integration of ComfortWay data SIM-card and AVO calling application, which is supposed to help subscribers cut their roaming costs in the international trips. This integration opens wide opportunities for subscribers:
- An option to choose an optimal Internet tariff plan from AVO app manually or automatically;
- Using home phone number for incoming or outgoing calls;
- Tariffs of the local operators for the Internet access (they become available “over-the-air”);
- Calls are at much lower prices comparing to roaming tariffs;
- Keeping home mobile phone number;
- Control traffic consumption, checking all calls and data transmission online or using an app.
After successful product launch it will be possible to claim a complete cancellation of roaming charges in those countries which support the solution.
A commercial version of the shared platform developed by ComfortWay and AVO companies is expected to be realized in fall 2016, while the beta version should already appear by the end of August.
ComfortWay company, a resident of Skolkovo innovation center, is one of the global leaders in developing solutions based on the standard of the telecommunication industry called “Remote SIM Provisioning”, which provides an access to the Internet worldwide at local prices.
AVO team are the alumnus of Yandex Tolstoy Startup Camp and Startupbootcamp. They built an app for calling over the Internet using a home mobile number which allows users reducing their roaming calls expenses significantly.